You’re starting to get ready for the holiday and you notice a small pool of water starting to form underneath your refrigerator. This can be unnerving, but don’t worry, Speedy is here to help you out! This step-by-step breakdown will have the leak fixed in no time:
Step 1: Unplug the refrigerator. It is dangerous to take things apart while the unit is connected to power.
Step 2: Consult your owner’s manual to find out where your self-defrosting refrigerator drains water. Typically, the pan is located underneath the refrigerator and you’ll have to remove the grate to access it.
Step 3: After removing the faceplate, take out the drain tube and feed the tube into a bucket to catch any water left inside.
Step 4: After you complete step 3, take the upper end of the drain tube where it connects and place the bucket underneath to catch any melted water.
Step 5: Take the drain tube, hold it over a bucket and use your hairdryer to thaw any frosted areas you see. You’ll know it is working if the tube becomes more rubbery and less stiff.
Step 6: Once you are satisfied with the thaw, run hot water through the tube to clear out any excess ice or debris.
Step 7: Reattach the tube to the channel once you’ve finished clearing it.
If you’re still noticing problems, or simply don’t want to be bothered, we can help! We service NYC, Nassau County and Queens and we work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to make sure you are never left out to dry.
To schedule emergency refrigerator service, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
The holiday season is here and the party planning is in full tilt. There are hams to buy, sides to prepare and people to invite– but you can’t forget about the cocktails! Every Christmas party needs a good bar menu and you can find most of these ingredients in your very own refrigerator! Check out some of Speedy’s favorite holiday cocktails:
- Red Wine (1-2 Bottles)
- Sparkling Apple Cider (1-2 Bottles)
- Clementines (2-4)
- Apples (2-4)
- Cranberries (1-2 Cups)
- Mix wines, slice fruit, add fruit, enjoy!
Winter Wonderland Cocktail
- Cream of Coconut (1oz)
- Vanilla Vodka (1.5oz)
- Heavy Cream (.5oz)
- Mix together, shake well, and pour over ice!
- Fresh Raspberries (3)
- Ice Cubes
- Heavy Cream (1 oz)
- Chambord (1 oz)
- Vodka (1 oz)
- Muddle raspberries, add ice, pour cream, chambord, vodka, stir and enjoy!
- Pama Liqueur (1.5 oz)
- Vodka (1 oz)
- Cointreau (.5 oz)
- Cranberry Juice (1.5 oz)
- Combine all ingredients into shaker, add ice, shake it up, strain into glass, enjoy!
Jack Frost Cocktail
- Pineapple Juice (1 Cup)
- Vodka (.5 Cup)
- Blue Curacao (.5 Cup)
- Cream of Coconut (.5 Cup)
- Ice Cubes (3 cups)
- Sugar (2 TBSP)
- Shredded Coconut (for garnish)
- Add ingredients to blender, mix sugar and water, microwave sugar and water, coat rim of glasses, pour blended mixture into glass, enjoy!
At Speedy Refrigerator Service, we work 365 days a year to make sure your refrigerator is running properly. We work weekends, holidays and nights so that your repairs better fit your schedule. If you need service leading up to the holidays, we are the right team for the job!
To schedule service, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
Did you know that the FDA regulates ice as a food item? This means it requires a specific set of standards and precautions to be served in a restaurant or hotel and we need to take these precautions in our own life as well. The number one word to remember when you think of ice is clean– it should be packaged clean, stored clean and served clean each and every day. Here are some tips to help you achieve this:
Handling Ice at Home
When you’re handling ice in your everyday life, it can be easy to become careless. But it is important to remember that people are going to ingest that ice in some way, shape or form so you have to treat it the same way you would any other type of food. Here are some tips to keep ice sanitary in your home:
- Use clean utensils or tongs to remove ice from the tray.
- Don’t be lazy and scoop ice with your glass.
- Don’t lay any food items in your freezer’s ice tray.
Handling Ice During a Tailgate
If you’re attending your favorite team’s game this Sunday, here are some tips you can’t afford to miss out on:
- NEVER place raw food in the same cooler that you’re storing beverages.
- If there isn’t enough room for storage, seal raw meats in a aluminum foil and a Ziploc bag to keep them separate from the rest of the cooler’s contents.
Handling Ice at a Holiday Party
It’s officially holiday party season and the planning should already be taking place. One thing you might glance over is the sanitation of your bar area but we’re going to tell you why this is a big mistake!
- Ice and beverages that are left open to the air are just as susceptible to foodborne illness as any other food item.
- Before placing ice in a bucket or tray, clean it out thoroughly with soap and water.
- Place a pair of tongs in a separate bucket and DON’T just lay them on top of the ice.
At Speedy Refrigerator Service, we provide same day service within one hour for all makes and models of refrigerators, ice makers and freezers. If your ice maker is producing less ice or no ice at all, we can have a look and assess the problem quickly so you are up and running before the holidays.
Just call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website to learn more!