At Speedy Refrigerator Service, we repair, maintain and install refrigerators all across the NYC, Queens and Nassau County areas. We have been around for over 75 years, but the refrigerator predates us quite a bit. When this area started to come about, people knew that the food industry what need to evolve with the growing populations. The refrigerator did just that. Here’s what you need to know»
- Before refrigerators, brine was how the meat packing industry kept meats fresh. They realized that the salt water absorbed heat and the term ‘meat packing’ came about from the packing of meat into brine barrels.
- Albert Einstein is actually the co-inventor of the refrigerator. He and a former student got a patent for it in 1930 when he learned that a previous refrigerator had leaked toxins that killed a family.
- The world record for most refrigerator magnets belongs to Louise J. Greenfarb of Henderson, Nevada. She has over 32,000 refrigerator magnets.
- William Cullen, from the University of Glasgow, demonstrated the first refrigeration system in the mid 1700’s.
- With Cullen’s model, Oliver Evans of the United States invented the first refrigeration machine in 1805.
- In 2017, about 15% of American homes have at least TWO refrigerators.
- The refrigerator changed the way we live, buy, eat and function as a society. They paved the way for the supermarket and they made urban development possible. If it wasn’t for the refrigerator, society would look a lot different.
If you fear for your refrigerator’s life during the warmer months, we will be ready to give it some CPR. Our team of experts can be at your home in ONE hour or less and our trucks come stocked with 99.9% of all parts.
To schedule your appointment, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!