At Speedy Refrigerator Service, we repair, maintain and install refrigerators all across the NYC, Queens and Nassau County areas. We have been around for over 75 years, but the refrigerator predates us quite a bit. When this area started to come about, people knew that the food industry what need to evolve with the growing populations. The refrigerator did just that. Here’s what you need to know»
- Before refrigerators, brine was how the meat packing industry kept meats fresh. They realized that the salt water absorbed heat and the term ‘meat packing’ came about from the packing of meat into brine barrels.
- Albert Einstein is actually the co-inventor of the refrigerator. He and a former student got a patent for it in 1930 when he learned that a previous refrigerator had leaked toxins that killed a family.
- The world record for most refrigerator magnets belongs to Louise J. Greenfarb of Henderson, Nevada. She has over 32,000 refrigerator magnets.
- William Cullen, from the University of Glasgow, demonstrated the first refrigeration system in the mid 1700’s.
- With Cullen’s model, Oliver Evans of the United States invented the first refrigeration machine in 1805.
- In 2017, about 15% of American homes have at least TWO refrigerators.
- The refrigerator changed the way we live, buy, eat and function as a society. They paved the way for the supermarket and they made urban development possible. If it wasn’t for the refrigerator, society would look a lot different.
If you fear for your refrigerator’s life during the warmer months, we will be ready to give it some CPR. Our team of experts can be at your home in ONE hour or less and our trucks come stocked with 99.9% of all parts.
To schedule your appointment, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
If your refrigerators hums, creaks or leaks, you need to speak with a Speedy professional today. We are fully licensed and insured and we have helped thousands of customers just like you! There are so many perks to choosing Speedy Refrigerator Service, but these four sum us up the best»
75 Years of Excellence
For ¾ of a century, Speedy Refrigerator Service has been helping homeowners across the five boroughs and Long Island with their appliance repairs. You don’t stay around that long without a handle on your work and your clients and we have certainly developed that. Our team is growing and our service grows with it!
Warehouse on Wheels
Our trucks come fully stocked with 99% of all the tools our technicians will need to complete the job. What this does is it allows us to complete the job on site and not send out for parts that will take time to be sent in. We can do the job FASTER and CHEAPER than the other guys.
ONE Hour or Less
If you live in Nassau County, Queens or Westchester, our techs can be at your home in ONE hour or less to solve your refrigerator issues. We are mobilized throughout the area and everyone on our team is eager to help. Just give us a call today!
Savings, Savings, Savings!
Our coupons are very popular, especially at this time of year. Choose either of the following for your Spring Cleaning Checklist:
Are you convinced yet? If so, make sure you stay ahead of refrigerator problems and call us in for a maintenance check today. To schedule an appointment, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
Your kitchen appliances are always in use if you’re an active family and things with moving parts are bound to break down at some point. But when we get calls for dishwasher repair, we often see avoidable mistakes causing the issues. If you’d like to get more out of your dishwasher, take these tips seriously»
- If you’re not going to run the unit right after loading, make sure your pre rinse dishes.
- Any plastic cups or plates should be secured so that they can’t be melted in the drying cycle.
- Stacking items in the dishwasher is a major NO-NO!
- Plates, bowls and cooking trays should be loaded on the bottom rack.
- Make sure they are DOWNWARD facing so they get the maximum pressure from the water jets.
- Face knives UPWARD so that they don’t cut through the rack during a cycle.
- Tuck cutting boards, sheet trays and items like this along the sides of the rack to ensure cleaning and save space.
- ALWAYS separate stainless steel from silver in the dishwasher.
- Cups and small bowls belong on the top rack.
- Make sure you put cups and mugs in between the tines– not on top of them!
- Angle the cups as much as possible to prevent water from pooling on top.
- Hand washing delicate stemware is recommended. If they fall over, they have been known to break and broken glass can get caught in the dishwasher motor.
- Only store enough detergent to last you TWO months. Anything more and the packets will dry out ad get clumpy during a wash.
Here at Speedy Refrigerator Service, we aren’t JUST refrigerator wizards. We can fix dishwashers and other appliances if you are having issues. We provide the same ONE hour service and all of our technicians are fully licensed and insured.
To schedule service, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
Your refrigerator is one of the few appliances that you use on a daily (if not hourly) basis. On average, a refrigerator door opens and closes twenty-five times a day and after awhile, this can take a toll on the gasket. And if the damage is significant, you’re going to lose a lot of valuable cold air and shorten the lifespan of your unit. If this concerns you, check out these tips for how to check and repair a refrigerator gasket»
- Run your hand around the perimeter of the refrigerator door and feel for air. You should be feeling a cool sensation, but if there is any force behind the air coming out, you might have an issue.
- Close the refrigerator door and open up your ears. If it sounds and feels like the door is almost ‘banging’ off the frame, the seal is likely too weak. You SHOULD feel like the door is cushioned.
- The first thing you can try is a simple cleaning. Sometimes the seal will gather mold, dirt or food debris and the grooves will not accept the door the same way they used to. The key to cleaning the gasket is to be gentle and use warm, soapy water.
- If your gasket is simply worn out, replacing it should not be very difficult. You’ll need to remove the old gasket by lifting the inside flange of the gasket to reveal the metal retainer. You’ll see that the retainer is held in by screws that you’ll need to remove with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Now you’re ready to replace the old gasket with the new one. Start by laying the new gasket in warm water for five minutes to make it more pliable. Start at the top corner on the hinge side and lay the gasket around the frame gently. Fit it behind the retainer and screw it down once you have tested the fit.
Here at Speedy Refrigerator Service, we have been diagnosing and repairing refrigerator problems for over 75 years. Our Warehouse on Wheels allows us to complete the job in ONE hour or less and our customers love this luxury. If you live in Queens, NYC or Nassau County, you can trust Speedy with your appliance repairs.
To schedule service, call 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!
Are you in need of refrigerator repairs? Have you called another repair service and been disappointed with the quote? If so, Speedy knows we can get you top quality repairs for a fraction of the cost! All you have to do is print out one of our coupons and present it to your technician at the time of the appointment. No strings attached– just top quality service with your wallet in mind!
25$ Repair Coupon
Appliances are reliable most of the time, and for that reason, we tend to forget about them because they work at the push of a button. But when an appliance like the refrigerator fails us, panic often ensues. What are you going to do with the food? How much is a new refrigerator going to cost? Well, let us have a look and see if we can fix that old refrigerator for you! Oh and better yet, we can provide you with a $25 Repair Coupon that you can submit when our technician arrives at your home. No need to thank us, it is our pleasure!
Sub-Zero Refrigerator Special
If you have a Sub-Zero refrigerator, you NEED to listen up! Our $39.95 Special is one of the best bargains you are going to find and you better snatch it up quick. We will vacuum your condenser coils, oil the motors, check your freon levels and perform any maintenance that you might need. With a high powered machine like a Sub-Zero, you can’t afford to take any chances trusting repairs to an amateur. You need the expertise of a Speedy professional!
Okay, so now that you have printed out your coupon, the rest is simple. Just call 866-782-9376 and tell us about your refrigerator or appliance problem. We will be there in one hour or less and we promise to leave your home cleaner than we found it!