When you’re a frequent party host, you learn very quickly that all it takes to have a good time is good company and good wine. But if your wine fridge suddenly goes on the fritz, you may be left with warm Pinot Grigio and salty guests. That’s when you should call Speedy Refrigerator Service to help fix your wine cooler.
How to Fix Your Wine Cooler
If Your Wine Cooler Won’t Cool
- Check that the thermostat is set to the proper temperature. If it’s set to the correct temperature and your unit is still not cooling, you may have a faulty thermostat. You should call Speedy for a quick replacement since we stock 99% of parts in our ‘warehouse on wheels.”
- Check that the door is fully closed and there is nothing wrong with the gasket. If it’s torn or worn down in any areas, it will let cool air out of your unit. To fix your wine cooler, you’ll need to have the broken gasket replaced.
If Your Wine Cooler is Too Noisy:
- Check how much space is around your cooler. If it is too close to a wall and doesn’t have enough ventilation room, it could work harder to function, producing more noise than necessary. You should aim to have a few inches of space on each side of your unit to avoid this.
If Your Wine Cooler is Leaking:
- Check for air leaks. These can cause extra moisture to build up in your wine cooler and lead to water leaks. You’ll need to fix the air leaks to stop the problem.
- Check your drain pipe. If there is a clog, condensation has nowhere to go and can leak back into your unit. Call Speedy to unclog the pipe in order to get water draining properly again.
These are only some of the reasons your unit could be acting up. For a better diagnosis on how to fix your wine cooler, call Speedy Refrigerator Service. We’ve been serving Long Island, Queens, and NYC since 1942, so you know you can count on us for quality service at affordable prices. For more information or to schedule a service, call us at 866-782-9376.