Thanksgiving is fast approaching and your refrigerator needs to be in tip-top shape to get you through the holiday. That starts with some maintenance and there is no reason to carry a dirty refrigerator into the most important time of the year. Use this checklist we have provided to clean things up and get your kitchen back on track!
- Take Out the Food- Clear some counter-space, put down a towel and start removing everything from your refrigerator. Once it is all clear, go through the items and sort them into groups based on their expiration dates. Then, throw away all items that are past their limits.
- Remove Shelves/ Drawers- After you’re done with the food, you can continue your excavation by removing shelves and drawers. Place these items in the sink under soap and hot water so they can disinfect.
- Wipe it Clean- Take a cloth and run it under soap and hot water and wring it out until it is damp. Be sure to gently scrub your refrigerators gasket to ensure that there is no grease or debris weakening the seal.
- Clean and Replace Shelves/ Drawers- Wipe down your drawers and shelves in the sink with dish soap and warm water. If you let them soak as we mentioned earlier, the grease and dirt should come right up.
- Replace Food Properly- Remember when we said to organize your food and drinks into groups? Now it is time to take those groups and place the newest items in the back and the oldest in the front. This will force you to use up the groceries that might have gone to waste if you kept them in the back of the fridge.
If your refrigerator needs more than a clean, we can help you with that. We are currently offering a $39.95 Refrigerator Tune-Up special that will kick things into high gear for the busiest time of year. If you are concerned about the current state of your refrigerator, our team can be there to assist you in one hour or less.
To schedule service, call Speedy Refrigerator Service at 866-782-9376 or click around on our website!